Education Resources: Beauty and the Beast the Musical
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast toured the UK and Ireland during 2021-2022. During this time, thousands of school pupils attended and experienced the show through its education programme.
Although the show may no longer be available to experience on stage, the resources - developed with National Literacy Trust - are still freely available for use by teachers and educators.
'Beauty, The Beast and You' is a creative challenge exploring the 'tale as old as time'. Resources for teachers include teaching guides and worksheets.
Ready to join the challenge?
We suggest you:
- Download the teacher guidelines and read through the recommendations and details.
- Explore all the resources including script extracts, character descriptions and teaching frameworks.
- Encourage class discussion on the various themes and characters in the story as well as the connection of fairy tales to modern-day stories and books.
- Allow time in class for students to work on their challenge and, if allowed, encourage extension work to be completed at home (with input from family welcome!)
- Celebrate everyone’s contributions according to the age group you are teaching as outlined in the guidelines, such as by creating a wall display, a showcase of students’ character monologues or designing a book list of titles created by the class.